🪧 UK Residents Opportunity! 🪧Nov 28, 2021
ATTENTION UK Residents:
One of my UK students alerted me to a wonderful government grant program that made it possible for her to join ADDventures In Achievement and get the Executive Function help she needed.
Like her, you may be eligible to get financial support for programs such as the ADDventures In Achievement Foundational Skills Program if you have a mental health condition, like ADHD, that makes it difficult for you to do your job.
Through the United Kingdom’s Access to Work Program, you have the opportunity to apply for funds to be used towards helping you develop skills (including your Executive Function skills) that will directly benefit your ability to experience greater success in your work.
As you can imagine, learning skills to improve job performance will also naturally transfer to and greatly improve the quality of your personal life.
According to the information provided by the Access to Work Program section on the Gov.UK website, to be eligible you must:
- Have a mental or physical health condition or disability that limits or inhibits you as you conduct your work.
- Be at least 16 years old or older.
- Live in England, Scotland or Wales. If you are in Northern Ireland, there is a different system and a separate link to follow. (There are also restrictions if you live in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.)
- You must also have a paid job, or be about to start or return to one. (No volunteer work is eligible for this program.)
- A paid job could include self-employment, an apprenticeship, a work trial or work experience, or an internship.
I just wanted to share a few of these details, because I have many UK followers who have expressed interest in the AIA-FS program. Please visit the Gov.UK website directly to review ALL the details, as I am just sharing some of the basic information to alert you of these potential benefits.
The next AIA-FS program starts in January 2022. So, if you are a UK resident and this seems like a possible avenue of financial assistance for you, paperwork should be filled out immediately to allow time for receiving the grant funds in advance.
Click here for more details: https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work
This may not be for everyone, but it might be right for you, so now is the time to pursue this unique opportunity.
I hope this information is helpful, and I look forward to seeing you in the next AIA-FS program!
*If you're interested in more information about the ADDventures In Achievement Foundational Skills program, visit this page: https://www.drbarbaracohen.com/AIAWaitlist